BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

A little bit of catching up to do....

Well, it's been awhile (again) but I have a really good excuse....I'm really busy!!!! So, here's a little run down on the past month or so.
For Jeremy's birthday we went to the Melting Pot and ate fondue. Yum. Can you really go wrong with cheese or chocolate? I think not. Here's Jeremy enjoying his birthday spoils...
We had the Turtle Chocolate Fondue for dessert (our favorite). Doesn't my marshmallow look scrumptious?
Our next big adventure was a 4 day camping trip in the Sierras. With two two-year-olds! Yes, we are little crazy but we had LOTS of fun. We went with my Mother and Father-in-law, my sister-in-law and her husband and my brother-in-law and his family. It was a whole lotta Biehns in one place.
We went up to the Sierras just above Bishop, CA and we hit summer low temperatures of about 34 degrees at night. Yikes! It was so cold. Jeremy and I ended up having the girls sleep with us in our sleeping bags so that we didn't have worry about little frozen twinsicles in the middle of the night. Not the most comfortable sleeping situation, that's for sure!
Here's Miss Natalie at one of the rest stops along the way. Obviously, they knew she was coming. Strike a pose, Nattie!
I'm pretty sure Coni will kill me for this one but I couldn't resist! Here's Natalie and her cousin Richelle playing on a rock. The girls had so much fun being around their cousins so much. They're still asking us about them. Norm and Kris's kids were so good with the girls and kept them entertained! Here they are with Gramma and Papa Biehn That's their new trailer in the background. I was a little envious of the warmth :)
Our campsite had TONS of these little guys running around. They would run right into our campsite looking for food. here's a little chipmunk who couldn't really get much more in his mouth. I guess chipmunks are better than mice, right Kris? I'll let her blog about their mouse experience.
The girls had so much fun with the bear box and loved getting inside it and trying to shut the door. Their cheeks are so pink because we all got a little windburnt on the day we arrived. I think they look like little clowns. We had a blast and hope to do more family camping trips in the future. What a bunch of fantastic memories for our children (and us too)!
On to some more recent stuff. Tessa got into our bedroom the other day and found mommy's bright red nailpolish and decided to paint her own toes. And feet, and ankles, and legs!!!! I found her painting away on the floor of our room. Luckily for her, she was a very good painter and didn't get a single drop on the carpet. Here she is after I scolded her. I set her on the toilet to clean her off but had to get a picture. She's saying cheese but is angry so this is the face you get.
These are the ponchos that my mom knitted for the girls quite some time ago. They are just about the right size now and the girls love to run around in them. Yes, I know it's the middle of August. They don't care. Thanks, mom!
Here is Miss Natalie's hair that I am FINALLY able to french braid. I was so excited. I had a front shot but it was super blurry so you get the back instead. My mother-in-law made the bow at Enrichment night. I love it. I love braided hair on little girls!
Ok, that's enough for now. I'll post some pictures from the girls dance class and from our upcoming trip to the mountains to visit my grandparents. Until then!

6 comments:

KRISTIE said...

love tesa's body art, jake got in to that too! :)

Catherine said...

Natalie is such a ham! That girl takes after her mother. The poncho's still look plenty big, maybe they can wear them when the start school.
I love the melting pot and that looked really good.

Michelle said...

Cute post. I'm glad you guys had fun for his BDay. It looked deelish! Thanks for giving updates on the girls, too. The pics were hilarious! I love the painted leg look. Thank goodness she didn't get it all over the carpet. Good job to Lynne on the bows. (did she happen to make any for our 3 girls?) Ha! j/k. LOVE the ponchos!!!

Anonymous said...

love the french braids, miss beautician!

Carolee said...

Fun pictures!! Your girls crack me up:) They even seem so much bigger since the last time I saw them a few months ago.

Erin said...

The nail polish story is so funny! Plus I love the pet area pic. Ahh, good times!