BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy day after the 4th of July!!!!!

Yesterday we had Jeremy's parents over to go swimming in the pool that we have here at our association. Here's Miss Tessa all ready to go to the pool......what a little bathing beauty!
And here's Natalie showing how cute she looks in polka dots and a single ponytail. What a beautiful smile, Nattie!
Our girls LOVED the pool (as long as their faces didn't have to go under the water....we're getting there). Here's a few pics of them enjoying their time in the "wah wah" as they call it.
Here's Tessa surfing on Daddy's back!
They tried to "jump" in to us but since their idea of jumping is going straight up and down they mostly just held our hands and walked off the edge of the pool but they had a blast doing it.
Here's Nattie swimming with Grandpa "Papa" Biehn. She is quite the little kicker in the water!
After the swimming it was back to the house where we were joined by Coni and Kyle and had a barbeque consisting of hamburgers, potato salad, green salad, beans, and fruit salad and we were all stuffed by the end of it (we missed you Norm and Kris but hope you had fun with all of the Larsens). Of course, we saved room for dessert. I made cheesecake pops for everyone. Are you a cheesecake lover? Do you like chocolate? Well, imagine scooping out the middle of a cheesecake with an ice cream scoop and rolling it in graham cracker crumbs and forming into a ball. Then, you put it on a stick and dip the cheesecake ball in chocolate and let it harden. Viola....a cheesecake pop. They are sooooo yummy. You can find the recipe at http://www.bakerella.com/ by the way. It was posted in May so if you visit the site, take the shortcut to the recipe by going to the May archive.
I digress.....after food we parted ways and Jeremy an I joined our friends, the Earls and our new friends, the Woods at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Base for a fireworks spectacular! Here's a picture of Jeremy and the girls in front of a chopper that they had on display. Lots of fun.
Here are the girls on a fire engine and don't they look thrilled. I would have posted pictures of the girls enjoying the fireworks, only.....they didn't. They didn't cry but they did NOT want to watch them so they spent the 20 minutes with their heads under blankets snuggled into Jeremy and I. Since I don't mind snuggling with my girls, I just enjoyed the moment and watched the fireworks. It was such a nice 4th of July. Yes, I enjoy celebrating our independence but I love having time with my family most of all.

6 comments:

JOCELYN AND JEREMY said...

I will leave a comment because I think that my girls look so darn cute, they must take after their mommy!! Love ya babe

Carolee said...

Fun day!! And thanks for the recipe, I will be making them!! Yum:)

Unknown said...

Those girls are so cute! Hey Jeremy I got your message the other day! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet...things have been crazy around here. We do need to catch up soon though...hope you guys are having a great summer!

Catherine said...

What great pictures of the girls posing in their swim suits. It looks like they were having a great time in the water.

Give them kisses.

Erin said...

That sounds like the perfect fourth of july!

Michelle said...

Look how big they are!!!!! Holy cow. They are too stinking cute. xo