BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

A date with my hubby.....at last......

I know, I know, 3 posts in the past two days, some of you have probably fallen over from the shock but I just had an overwhelming need to blog in the past couple days. Your gain, right? Anyway, Jeremy and I haven't been on a date FOREVER!!! I mean, I do consider our trip to the temple on Saturday a date but you know what I mean. I'm talking about something that remotely resembled our pre-marriage/pre-children years. Ah, the good old days.....Just kidding. I love my kids but I love going out just the two of us also. We went to see "Push," a movie starring Dakota Fanning that almost nobody (including myself) has heard of. Jeremy wanted to see it so I went on blind faith. It was pretty decent but (spoiler alert?) they totally left it open for a sequel so there wasn't a real sense of closure to it. I'd probably see a sequel if it came out... Anyway, after the movie we headed over to The Cheesecake Factory, one of our favorites, for lunch. Since pictures in front of a movie theater aren't all that exciting, here's a few from our delicious (but oh so not nutritious) lunch. We ordered Buffalo Blasts as an appetizer and, if you are a buffalo wing fan but hate all the hassle of eating off the bone, these are the things for you. Yummy! It came with eight buffalo blasts but we only managed to get through 4 (two each) and then our meal came....

Jeremy ordered the Four Cheese Pasta (I said we were on a date, right? So we were not counting calories). Doesn't it look very four cheesy? Doesn't my hubby look hot? He's lost about 16lbs in the last month and half and is starting to get a bit scrawny:)
I went with a classic favorite, the Thai Lettuce Wraps. Isn't it pretty? It's actually considered an appetizer if you can believe that. I can usually eat about 2 or 3 and then I have to take the rest home with me. Delicious!
For dessert we ordered a piece of Caramel Pecan Turtle cheesecake (what's the point of going to the Cheesecake Factory if you don't get any cheesecake)? We ordered it to go as we were pretty full by this point. Jeremy doesn't seem like he can wait to get it home to eat it. What a dork (but he's my dork). I look a little possessed but I blame it on the chocolate....
We had a fun time and it was nice to get away from child-rearing responsibilities for a few hours. It may not have been Valentine's day but I enjoyed my day with my favorite Valentine. And to top of the day, this is what we got to look at while driving home to see our other favorite Valentines....

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

You guys are so cute! I hope I find a cute hubby and I'm as happy as you guys are eventually (like after the mission...hehe). Just think...in not too long you'll have a little-over-a-week-long date! And I get your "other favorite valentines" all to myself! YAY!!!!

Carolee said...

How fun!! I love that you gave descriptions and took pictures of your food, you know I am all about food!! Looks good. We will have to go to CCF when we are down.

I just saw the pictures of your girls in their new dresses. They are so cute. I hope they are not scared of me when they see me because even if they are I am still smothering them with kisses:)

Michelle said...

I couldn't even focus on the food or description because I couldn't get over how AWESOME YOU GUYS LOOK!!!!! Holy cow. Good for you guys. You look great!