BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'M A BLOGGING BUM.....I blame it on my Herpes.

Ok, as far as the herpes is concerned it's type 1 (like canker sores so don't get all freaked out) and here's the story. Last Sunday I woke up and I looked like I had had colagen injections in my lips. I was giving Angelina Jolie a run for her money. It didn't get any better and by Monday the insides of both my lips were covered in horrible blisters. No, I didn't eat anything new & no, I wasn't in the sun. I have no idea what caused this but it was excrutiatingly painful. I went to the doctor's on Tuesday because they were still swollen and getting worse. He gave me a cream to rub on. This cream was kind of gritty and when I woke up in the morning it had made a thick film on my lips. Gross. No way could I go to work like that so I ended up having to scrape the stuff off my lips. Oh yeah, that really felt great. I almost passed out. Anyway, it's Saturday and yesterday was the first day of real relief that I had. I can't believe this lasted almost a week! The doctor says that sometimes these things just happen. Yeah, thanks for the helpful preventitive advice :) Now, my lips feel so much better but I've lost that collagen look that so many would kill for. I guess you have to give a little to get a little. Ok, moving on, my mother has requested that I post some new pics of the girls as this is the only way she gets to see them (being in Kansas and all....there's no place like...nevermind). So, Mom, here you go...enjoy! Here we have little miss Nattie with one of her favorite toys...my old cell phone. They LOVE to pretend to talk on the phone. I'm definitely in trouble. Also, she and daddy were playing "Nattie Squishy Face". I must say that her face is perfect for this game! The picture above is Tessa doing one of her new tricks. She LOVES (as does Nattie) doing somersaults. If you ask "do you want to do a somersault?" she will stand up and bend over and tuck her head under her chin and then we just give her a little push and over she goes. Pretty soon, she'll be doing it all by herself. Our little Nadia. Here is Tessa modeling last year's (and possibly this year's) Halloween costume. We're not sure if we're going to invest in new costumes as they refuse to keep their old costumes on longer than 20 seconds. The verdict is still out on what we're going to do there. I'll keep you posted...maybe. Well, I've fulfilled my promise to my mom. Keep an eye out next week for a few pictures from my balloon tying class on Tuesday. I'll share some of my creations. Until next time...Ciao bellas!

7 comments:

Kris said...

We love to see the pictures too! I am looking forward to the balloon creations - what a fun class!

cyclingchef said...

Their great-Auntie appreciates the pictures as well.

Catherine said...

The grandma was in baby withdrawls so it was wonderful to see how big the girls are getting. I can hardly wait until Christmas so I can give them hugs and kisses

Michelle said...

Hey...we need the pictures too! LOL. They are getting SO big! Man. Wow, your lip story was horrible. I wish you would post pictures of that. Ha ha! I'm glad you are all better now! xoxo

Carolee said...

I am laughing so hard at Natalie's squishy face and I love that they will do somersaults, I miss seeing them!!

I am really disappointed that you didnt post pictures of your lips. Next time:)

MEG said...

Hey I stopped by your blog to see pics of the twins - I CAN'T BELIEVE how fast they grow! So adorable!

Hmmm, about your herpes problem: I wish I could stay home from work too when my lips blow up. And why is it that all the cool family pictures are taken while you have blisters all over your mouth? I feel your pain.

Looks like you are doing well. I'm glad to be able to keep in touch via blogland!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for grandma's guilt trip! I mean, thanks for posting new pics :)as usual I love the girls and Jensen is requesting somersault lessons. As for the lips, umm grody. But I hope you and Jeremy did a little Angelina-esque photo shoot to comemmorate the occasion. May the swollen smackers rest in peace...