Well, you've all heard about it by now, I'm sure, but we did a little bit of construction at our new house recently. We had about 4 palm trees removed and I would show you the pictures, if I had taken any....
We also had a bunch of windows changed out. Our favorite part of that was the changing of the patio door. This is the old one. It was sooooo hard to open and close. Even the screen needed two hands to make it move. Part of the problem was that the track was so worn down. Well, we ripped this one out and.....
...installed this one! So much better! It slides so easily! Ah, the little things in life....
Our other, not so little project, was our kitchen. Here are a few before pics...
Monday, November 1, 2010
A little bit of construction....
I don't know who invented white tile kitchen countertops but I'd like to punch that person in the nose. The grout is miserable to keep clean and the surface isn't smooth. Everyone who sees the cabinets in these photos thinks they are some kind of light wood. No, no. They are are that cheap melamine that somebody painted yellow. And that somebody did not do a good job. They were a streaky mess. And green walls to boot? Actually, the kitchen doesn't look to bad in these pics but in person...yikes. I also hated the split bar. Neither the lower level, nor the upper bar level were very good usable space so when we decided to rip everything out, I told the contractor to make it all one level. Also, the garden window, better known as the ultimate dust collector, was being replaced with a new slider when we did the rest of the windows.


Our contractor started on a Friday and this is what I came home to. What did we get ourselves in to? We basically lived off of the generosity of our parents and a microwave and toaster oven for a week and a half...
Yeah, not loving the green.
A week and a day later, we came home to this.... 
I love my oil-rubbed bronze faucet and hardware and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my granite composite sink. It's cafe brown and super deep! Also, notice the bar area. All one level! So much better! We replaced the sad microwave whose turntable didn't work with a nice new one. Next will be the refrigerator but I'm waiting for some gift cards that I earned at work to come in first.
When we put all of our things back in the cupboards we actually ran out of stuff to put away before I ran out of cabinet space! Unheard of! I love our lazy susan and our pull out drawers in the pantry. The drawers are all soft-closing so no more slamming drawers!
Posted by JOCELYN AND JEREMY at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I totally missed the Awesomeness that was the new window sans the dust catching part! Looks AWESOME!! Can't wait to look at that window in person to enjoy it's full glory!
Post a Comment